Checkout a Physical Resource
1. Another way to find resources in the Media Catalog is to just click the I Want it All button. See image below.
2. Click the I Want It All button. You will have over 200,000 results. This is every resource in the media catalog. Wouldn't it be fun to browse through all these results? Probably not! Instead you can just browse collections. Currently there are only 5, but there are more coming. A collection is just a named group of similar resources.
3. On the right side under Narrow Search and under Collection click on STEAM KITS (39). Now you can browse through the 39 kits. Look through them and choose one to add to your cart. Many of the kits have multiple copies available. The number of copies is shown in parentheses. Click on the Shopping Bag icon. See image below.
4. In the upper right hand corner of your screen click on Proceed to Checkout. See image below.
5. This will show you the My Cart screen. From here you can change your Deliver By date and How Many you would like to order if more than one copy is available. The Deliver By date will default to the closest possible delivery date. If you want the item right away you are ready to Submit my Order, but you can schedule items for months in advance which is what you are going to do. See image below.
6. Click on the Calendar icon to the right of the default date and change your Deliver By date to sometime next school year. After you change the date you must click on the Check Availability button. See image below.
7. This will update the Return By date and the Submit my Order button will be displayed again in place of the Check Availability button. Click the Submit my Order button to checkout your resource. See image below.
8. You will see the screen below.
9. Since you may not actually want to receive this order we are going to cancel it. On the menu bar click My Account. From the menu click My Scheduled Items. You will see a screen similar to the one below.
10. Click to select your scheduled resource and then click Cancel Selected Items button. Click OK to confirm that you really want to Cancel. You should get an email that the request has been cancelled.